Everyone wants an easy, quick meal that doesn't use a lot of pots, pans, bowls, etc for preparing, cooking and serving. Which is why KFC and McDonald's make bank, let's go out to eat instead of having to slave over a hot stove after a long day at work. WRONG!
There are so many quick and easy dishes to make, we just need to retrain our brain and not stop for fast food. You can make quick food at home that is so healthy for you and tastes AWESOME!
For example, yesterday after a 13 hour day with travel time and work time I was beat. Having to make dinner was not top on my list, I wanted the path of least resistance to food.
BUT I did not go gobble down fast food and call it surrender!
I got my Blendtec out and made Spinach Souffle that was out of this world.
You will love this recipe.
Take 4 cups spinach
1 cup basil leaves fresh
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 cup soft tofu or 1 cup plain kefir or Greek Yogurt (nonfat please)
1 cup egg whites
2 inches of leek (use the white end, not the dark green part)
1 stem of lemon grass
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon olive oil (I use flax oil)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup feta cheese separated into two 1/2 cups (I use Goat's milk feta)
6 small custard cups
Turn the oven to 375
Take all of the ingredients except 1/2 cup feta cheese and throw into the Blendtec. Turn it on to #5 and blend thoroughly, increase speed to high or #8 and blend for 1 to 2 minutes. You want it frothy.
![]() |
| Everything in the blender |
Poor into custard cups that have been sprayed with nonstick spray. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup feta cheese onto mixture.
![]() |
| before cooking |
Put in the oven. Cook until the top bounces back at touch, around 20 minutes.
| cooked and fluffy |
Take out of the oven. Now souffles will come out nice and tall and then slowly sink down, so serve it hot and fluffy.
![]() |
| yum! |



No comments:
Post a Comment