Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

I love salsa, any type, and if it has mangoes and serrano peppers that is as close to tasting Heaven.  But for the salsa that I use to top everything and any thing (okay maybe not ice cream but then I haven't tried it yet) this recipe is the bomb.  Everything tastes great with this salsa on top.  I love it adding it on top of freshly cooked green beans, carrots, corn or summer squash, grilled onions, or all of them together! Oh and you can eat chips with it too.

Here are the ingredients
1 1/2 pounds fresh tomatillos
5 fresh serrano peppers
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 1/2 ripe avocado

How to prepare
remove the husks from the tomatillos and rinse under warm water to remove the stickiness.  Broil the peppers, garlic, and fresh tomatillos in the oven on broil 1 to 2 inches from the heat, turning once, until the tomatillos are softened and slightly charred, about 7 minutes.
Peel the garlic and pull off the tops of the peppers.  Put everything in your blendtec (I love my blendtec, remind me to tell you about my funeral plans and my blendtec)
Puree everything and voila you have a great salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment