I am a believer of easy meals and at the same time healthy. I love to cook, honestly it is my stress reliever and creativity release. But when it comes to everyday meals, I am a lazy creature and I want it fast, easy and still healthy.This dish requires the following and serves around 4 people:
Oven temperature at 375 fahrenheit to cook chicken you will put it on broil for the vegetables
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or one cup firm tofu cubed
1 tablespoon flax seed oil (or olive oil or grape-seed oil)
8 small sweet peppers red, orange and yellow (cut the top off, remove seeds and chop into slivers)
1/4 cup chopped onions
6 small tomatoes cut into quarter slices
1 cup drained pineapple chunks
optional 1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons Simply Asia Sweet ginger garlic seasoning
I slice the chicken into long thin strips or if you like to keep it vegetarian then cut the firm tofu into 1 inch cubes.
I put them into a baking dish and then mix with the oil. I top with the soy sauce and Simply Asia seasoning and bake at 375 until the chicken is almost done about 20 minutes of the slices are thin and the chicken is not frozen at all. Most of the pink is gone but still moist. If using tofu you want it light brown make sure to turn so both sides are toasted. About 10-15 minutes total for the tofu.
I add the peppers, onions, tomatoes and pineapple on top of the chicken and then I put it back into the oven which I have turned on to broil and leave it on the top rack for 10 minutes more until the vegetables are cooked and slightly brown. Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly (no pink)
Take out and serve!
WARNING This seasoning contains wheat and so does soy sauce. If you are gluten intolerant do NOT use the soy sauce and instead of the asian seasoning, use garlic, sea salt, fresh ginger, sesame seeds, grated coconut, and unrefined sugar. (it would be about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
I would add plum sauce and Hoisin sauce instead of the soy sauce. (tablespoon of each) 
No comments:
Post a Comment