Friday, June 14, 2013

Healthy Grilled Cheese Sandwich

 I love using goat's milk Cheddar Cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches.
Take two slices of bread (I use gluten free, but you can use whatever you want)
Add butter on the outside of one slice of bread and put in a fry pan on medium heat.  Add slices of cheese onto the slice of bread, as you can see on the picture to the left this is a 6.7 ounce bar of cheese. I cut about 4 slices.  After letting the bread get toasted and the cheese begins to melt I put kale on top of the cheese and the other slice of bread, buttered.
Mushrooms grilled next to the sandwich
At the same time I am grilling the bread I take two slices of a large portobello mushroom and grill next to the sandwich in the pan.  By the time I am ready to turn the sandwich I put the cooked mushroom on top of the kale and then turn the sandwich.  Toast the other side and then serve.
Kale, mushroom grilled cheese sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment