First if you are lactose intolerant or don't eat dairy products, this is made with yogurt and kefir, I will post a different recipe just for you soon.
Also, this has plain gelatin in it, just a heads up before we start.
The good news is it is sugar free (I use xagave) and low fat (I use coconut oil in the crust)
You will need for the crust:
Oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit
| I use Better Body brand. |
2 cups ground flax seed flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup xagave
1/2 cup ground pecans (optional)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
Mix all of the ingredients and spread into the pan. Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes. It will look like a big cookie when it is done, at this point I crumble it until it looks like graham cracker crust. Set aside to cool.
You will need for the mousse:
13 x 9 glass pan or gelatin molds
4 cups strawberries--1 cup to be sliced set aside
2 packets of unflavored gelatin powder (Knox)
4 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
1 1/4 cup kefir (look for lactose free, fat free)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons tapioca flour
1 1/2 cup xagave
1 cup blueberries
Orange zest
Bloom gelatin in the 4 tablespoons water and set aside.
Heat yogurt,1/4 cup kefir, the tapioca flour and 1/2 xagave on medium heat until scalded, add bloomed gelatin.
| gelatin bloom into yogurt |
| mousse mixture set |
pour mixture into glass pan or molds, add strawberry slices and blueberries. Set in refrigerator to set.
To serve:
put crust crumbles on plate, put mousse on top and then add orange zest on top of everything.
| The final product |
No comments:
Post a Comment